Kids are FREE for October Only: Sea World, Belmont Park, and 100+ More San Diego Attractions
If you have little ones, October is an awesome month for everyone – enjoy Kids Free San Diego all through October! During the month-long celebration your kids will get free admission to attractions, meals on the house, and tons of other great perks throughout the city. With over 100 different offers and warm fall weather (without the summer crowds), this is a great opportunity to get out there and see some new San Diego sights.
Kids Free Admission
Note: exact ages included in the promotion may vary for each attraction; check website for details before you go.
- La Jolla Historical Society
- Birch Aquarium at Scripps
- Belmont Park (play and ride for free)
- Empress Hotel (free Kids’ Welcome Gift, $25 value)
- Bike & Kayak Tours of La Jolla (ride for free)
- Balboa Park Museums:
- San Diego Automotive Museum
- Air & Space Museum
- Museum of Photographic Arts
- San Diego History Center
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum
- San Diego Museum of Man
- Timken Museum of Art
- Mingei International Museum
- Maritime Museum of San Diego
- San Diego SEAL Tours (ride free)
- San Diego Fly Rides (ride free)
Kids Eat Free:
- The Shores Restaurant (La Jolla Shores Hotel)
- Sheraton La Jolla
- Embassy Suites San Diego/La Jolla
- Torreyana Grille (Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines)
- Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa
- Free single-day admission kids ages 3-9
- Eat for free at breakfast and at Dine with Orcas
- Free Dolphin & Beluga interaction programs
San Diego Zoo Specials
Children ages 11 and younger free admission (when accompanied by an adult with a valid form of entry). There are special activities happening both on weekdays and weekends throughout the month, as well; you can upgrade your day with a 1-Day Pass Child Upgrade for only $12 – which includes the Guided Bus Tour, Kangaroo Bus, and Skyfari Aerial Tram.
HalGLOWeen on October 27, 28, and 29: The Zoo will stay open until 8pm, so families can listen to DJs, enjoy bubble fun and special entertainment, and give the glowing “Boolahoops” a try. Dr. Zoolittle has a special “creepy” show, and there is plenty of other festive family fun in store. HalGLOWeen entertainment runs from 6pm-9pm. For more information head to their website.
There are tons of other spots throughout San Diego that are offering special deals and activities in October, so be sure to keep checking the website for updated information!
4 More New La Jolla Restaurant Openings to Get Excited About This has been a big year for the La Jolla restaurants scene. With the arrival of Burgerim, Shake Shack, Himitsu Sushi, and Snooze, we have a plethora of new...read more
We are in the throes of the perfect time to go whale watching in San Diego! Every winter, more than 20,000 Pacific gray whales travel 10,000 miles round-trip (the longest migration of any mammal on earth) from Alaska to the lagoons of Baja...read more
9 Reasons to Try La Jolla Surf Lessons with Surf Diva There’s nothing like the rush you get from gliding through the ocean on a surfboard--from the moment you see the crest of a good wave coming at you to the breathless...read more