The Go San Diego Card is a great way to save money on more than 45 different attractions throughout San Diego County. It’s perfect for both tourists and San Diego residents, and you could potentially save up to 55% off regular admission prices at these attractions! Whether you want to sail out for a whale-watching cruise, take the whole family to SeaWorld or LEGOLAND, or visit the the San Diego Zoo, this convenient card lets you plan your own itinerary and pack in as many attractions as you can each day.
What Is the Go San Diego Card?
The Go San Diego Card is a type of Go City Card, which is a multi-attraction pass available in major cities around the globe – including nearby spots like San Francisco and Los Angeles.
There are four different options when purchasing your Go San Diego Card:
- 1) All-Inclusive
- A multi-attraction pass that gets you into 40 San Diego attractions plus one premium attraction for one low price.
- Available in 1 day, 2 day, 3 day, 5 day, or 7 day options.
- Needs to be used on consecutive calendar days.
- 2) Build Your Own
- Choose from 42 attractions and build your own pass to San Diego.
- If you choose 2 or more, you’ll save 20%. The pass is valid for 30 days.
- Good choice for San Diego residents.
- Package Deals
How to Use the Go San Diego Card
Your Go San Diego Card grants you admission to as many included attractions as you want to visit for the number of days you bought the card for. Once you purchase the card, you can either 1) use your pass directly from your phone with the free Go City Card app or 2) print out your pass and guidebook at home. You don’t need to buy other tickets – the city card acts as your ticket to all attractions.
After it’s used the first time, the card is good for the number of days you chose, but those must be consecutive days – for instance, if you use the card first on a Monday morning, that counts as your first day. Even if you visit your first attraction late in the day, it still counts; so we recommend starting as early as possible!
If you skip one day because you’re tired, you don’t get a refund or an extension. Except for the rare multi-day pass, you can visit each attraction only once.
Where to Purchase the Go San Diego Card
You can purchase one directly through us!
What to Know Before You Buy the Go San Diego Card
• Be realistic about how much you can do! The big attractions will each take a full day, and some are far apart. For other attractions that take less time, there may be significant travel time to get from one to another. Plan to visit 1-3 attractions per day, and choose ones that are closer together.
• You get to skip the line. If you use the Go City Card app, you can skip the line at select attractions and go directly to the entrance turnstiles, where they will scan a QR code on your phone. If you print out the pass at home, you may have to wait in line to collect your paper pass.
• The app is free, and keeps everything in one place. Once you download the app, guidebooks to each attraction, your actual Go San Diego Card, and directions are all right on your phone. It’s a great (and easy) way to make sure you don’t miss anything!
• Only longer-duration cards include Sea World: if you purchase a 3, 5 or 7-Day card, you can visit SeaWorld on as many days as your card is valid. SeaWorld is not included on 1 and 2 day cards. You can skip the ticket line when you choose digital delivery.
• Child cards are for children ages 3-12. Most attractions do not charge for children under 3 years old. However, there are some exceptions (especially children’s museums and attractions geared toward very young travelers). If you have a child under 3 years old, please check with the attraction directly in advance.
• You have one year to use your Go San Diego Card once you purchase it. After one year, it will expire.
• Refund policy: their Risk Free Guarantee gives you 30 days from your purchase date to return any non-activated passes for a full refund.
Included Attractions in the Go San Diego Card
There are more than 40 attractions to choose from!
- SeaWorld San Diego
- 2-Day Hop-on Hop-off Old Town Trolley Tour Ticket
- Speed Boat Adventures
- San Diego Zoo
- San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- USS Midway Museum
- Knott’s Berry Farm
- Whale & Dolphin Watching by Hornblower Cruises
- 1-hour San Diego Harbor Tour by Flagship Cruises
- Belmont Park All-Access Combo Pass
- San Diego Air and Space Museum
- San Diego Natural History Museum
- Birch Aquarium
- Reuben H. Fleet Science Center with IMAX movie
- San Diego Museum of Man
- San Diego Automotive Museum
- Model Railroad Museum
- Tandem kayak and stand-up paddle board rentals at Bike & Kayak Tours Coronado
- Bike, snorkel, kayak, and stand-up paddle board rentals at Bike & Kayak Tours La Jolla
- Whale Watch by Flagship Cruises & Events
- Miramar Speed Circuit
- Japanese Friendship Garden
- San Diego Museum of Art
- 30-minute GoCar San Diego Tour
- The New Children’s Museum
- San Diego History Center
- Museum of Photographic Arts
- Whaley House
Ready to start exploring San Diego? Purchase your multi-day pass or a Build Your Own Pass right here!